Thursday, June 30, 2016

#TBT - Cooking with Kids

This was a popular post awhile back, and I am still trying to do a cooking project with my grandson when I watch him and his sister once a week. It is a little more challenging finding the right time since Iris is now taking one nap a day, and Augustine still needs some quiet time every afternoon (sometimes he sleeps and sometimes he doesn't).


Muffins are still one of his favorite things to make (and eat), and we are planning on making some homemade cheese crackers (aka goldfish) soon.  A few weeks ago, I brought a piece of fresh ginger with me for a new salad dressing recipe I was trying out.  Augustine was fascinated with it, and when I told him what it was, he immediately said we needed to make gingerbread.  It took me a few weeks to remember to have all the proper ingredients, but we did eventually get it made and he loved it.

We have made granola several times, as well as mustardy chicken for that night's dinner.  It is also helpful in getting  picky toddlers to try new things. For the original post, click here.

, , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment