This is one of my favorite cookie recipes and after the birth of my first child, I just jumped at the chance to make a "lactation" cookie version. These Monster Cookies are from Neighbor Food. To turn them into lactation cookies simply add 2 Tbls Flaxseed meal, and 2-4 Tbls brewers yeast. I also add a few tablespoons of water to keep the dough's consistency.
- 1.5 C Peanut butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 Tbl vanilla extract
- 4.5 C old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 C chocolate Chips
- 1 C M&Ms
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Combine peanut butter, sugars and butter in an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until smooth. Add oats and baking soda and stir well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms
- Drop cookies by tablespoon onto sheets, flatten gently and add M&Ms
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to set for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- You can freeze this as raw cookie dough or baked cookies.
- Refrigerating the dough before cooking yields a thicker cookie with a softer center.
- I have done this with no M&Ms, and all chocolate chips - but not the opposite.
- When I am making it for lactation cookies, I do about 3/4 to 1/2 the amount of chocolates.