Ok - not the most appetizing photo, but the food was good. I previously posted a delicious french onion soup recipe. We made three massive bowls of soup the first night, and then had about 2 Cups of soup left. I had totally planned on eating it for lunch the next day, but then I stumbled across this recipe for Salisbury Steak Meatballs.
The sauce in the recipe is fairly similar to the french onion soup, with a few tablespoons of ingredients added. We always keep a stock of meatballs on hand. I made my own, and we use them for spaghetti and meatballs, meatball subs, and a few other meals. I also have a pretty steady supply of different types of pasta stocked up in my pantry too. This sounded like a perfect dinner plan!
Salisbury Steak Meatballs
(Inspired by Damn Delicious)
- 2+ Cups French Onion Soup
- 1 Tbl Worcetershire Sauce
- 1 Tbl Ketchup
- (Optional 1 Tbl cornstarch)
- 10 - 20 (cooked & frozen) Meatballs
- Egg Noodles
- Combine French Onion Soup, worcetershire, and ketchup.
- Throw meatballs in crock pot, top with soup mixture
- Cook on low for 4 - 5 hours
- (If the sauce is too thin, it can be thickened with cornstarch).
- When ready to serve, cook egg noodles per directions.
- Top egg noodles with meatballs and sauce
Easy Peesy Right? The original recipe includes a recipe for meatballs, and involves making sauce from scratch on the stove top. I'm sure it's delicious also. But I'll take (remade) left overs, freezer ingredients and a slow cooker any day.