|How I feel when I channel my inner-Rachael and save money.|
These conventionally-grown foods contain the absolute least amount of pesticide/herbicide residue on the market, and I have no guilt about feeding these things to my family (and baby).
1. Avocados - (*Swoon!*) I buy these by the bag at Costco. Great first food for baby, and it freezes well enough that Augustine would eat it as a snack, even if it was a little strange looking. Guacamole is perfect for when you have a slew of these become ripe all at once.
2. Sweet Corn - Alas, our low-carb-paleo lifestyle puts a hamper on this one more than I'd like.
5. Sweet Peas
6. Onions - Thank goodness, because literally every meal I cook starts with this tasty fella.
8. Mangoes - A family favorite! Beware, if your toddler eats too many he WILL get jungle rot in his diaper. Ask me how I know.
|How to cut a mango without swearing. |
And apparently really impress your coworkers in the break room at lunch.
14. Cauliflower - A low-carb girl's best friend!!! It is mind-blowing what you can do with a boring head of cauliflower, especially when you consider it only has like 2 calories. Pizza crust, rice, "potato" soup... we eat this about 3x per week, with absolutely no grumbles from my 10 year old.
|Cauliflower + Food Processor = Rice|
So as you can see, trying to make healthy and well-informed decisions does not always have to be expensive/depressing/time consuming. And if you're like me, you can feel like you're sticking one to the man in the process!