Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pulled Pork Philly Cheesesteak


[This is a continuation of my last post, describing how a family of three managed to eat an entire 8lb pork roast. Read the first post here]

One of the new recipes I tried with pulled pork, was a pulled pork philly cheese steak. This recipe was a total win. I used this recipe, from Simply Gloria. It was so good, this is the only picture I got. We ate them as soon as it came out of the oven!


The only change I made was that I used a bag of frozen peppers and onions. I always have a bag of those in my freezer. It's great for many dishes, including fajitas and sausage and peppers. Usually, I have quite a few bags of frozen veggies in the freezer. Frozen veggies are often cheaper then fresh, you can coupon for them, they are picked at their peak and frozen quickly, making them just as nutritious as the "fresh" options and most importantly, they keep! Want to know more about the health & safety of frozen veggies? Here's an article or two.

, , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment