Monday, February 23, 2015

Spinach, Mushrooms, and Onions - Pt 3

The first post last week was about a delicious spinach, onion and mushroom recipe. I used this recipe to make a chicken bowtie pasta. In the second post, I talked about how I used this recipe to make a delicious pizza, in just a few minutes. Believe it or not, I have TWO more uses for that scrumptious blend. The second time I made this recipe (only a week later, I might add) - I also doubled it, then split it in half.


First up is this delicious egg scramble we made for a weekend brunch with the left overs. I intended it to be an omelette, but I am impatient, and just plain awful at making them - omelettes usually turn into a scramble. Same ingredients, same textures, different presentation - still delicious. I added mozzarella cheese, and some breakfast sausage. 


Next up is another bowl of pasta! I think we used linguine - the noodle doesn't really matter. A friend had forwarded me a delicious looking recipe for a spicy smoked sausage alfredo bake. I purchased the smoked sausage, but forgot the remaining ingredients. We always keep a few jars of different types of pasta sauce on hand in the pantry, so I sliced the sausage and threw it in a pan for a few minutes. I added the spinach,onions, and mushrooms, just for long enough that everything was warm, and then I poured in the Alfredo sauce. It was so delicious, and it may be my husband's new favorite! 


, , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment