Friday, January 22, 2016

Frugal Friday: Bing Rewards

In addition to our Quick Tip Tuesdays, here at Modern Mother Cubbard we are starting Frugal Fridays. Like the QTT, these post probably won't be every week, but you should see them on a semi-regular basis.

This week I want to talk about one of my favorite frugal finds: Bing Rewards. Bing is a search engine from Microsoft. If you create a Microsoft account, Bing rewards you for all your searches. How many times a day do you search? You could get rewarded for it!



So how does it work? Sign up for an account here. Change your default search engine to Bing. For every 2 PC searches you earn from 1 point up to 15 points. You also earn 1 point for every 2 mobile searches up to 10 points. On your rewards dash board there are usually three links to click. These links range from current events to neat pictures for a total of 3 more points. On Tuesdays, they have a quick trivia game (takes me literally 1 min) for 3 more points. So daily you can earn a minimum of 28 points, just for changing your search habits! To put that in perspective, $5 rewards start at approximate 500 points.

Rewards range from sweepstakes to xbox credits to skype credits to gift cards for Starbucks, Sephora, Macys, Fandango and Babies-R-Us. My favorite use of my rewards so far is for a free month of Hulu! We are cord cutters, haven't had cable for two years. I use Hulu to watch many of my favorite shows. Thanks to Bing, I haven't paid for Hulu in over a year! $7.99/mo doesn't seem like much, but I have saved at least $100 at this point, and received hours of entertainment!

Here's some more information from the Bing Rewards FAQ.
, , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment