Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pancake Bites

Breakfast for dinner, and weekend brunches, are some of my favorite meals to cook. These pancake bites are a favorite way to mix it up. They are the perfect breakfast finger food; very toddler-friendly.


The idea for these came from Bakerella and are inspired by her mini maple pancake muffins.  Of course, Bakerella makes her from scratch. I don't usually have time for scratch. The first time I made these, I used low calorie pancake mix and followed those directions for regular pancakes. Then added sugar & vanilla (for lighter/fluffier pancakes according to the box). Like the recipe I added 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I overfilled my muffin pan so mine required slightly longer (about 12 minutes to bake). They were superb. I took loads of pictures.


This is yet another recipe that allows for a bit of flexibility. Use any mix you want, or make it from scratch. (I can't wait to try this high protein kodiak mix). Use apple sauce in place of all or some of the butter. Use blue berries in place of chocolate chips. Add banana chunks, and nuts. Dip in syrup, agave syrup, or take a page from Jamie Oliver and dip in yogurt and honey! Bakerella currently has a post with a blueberry and oat version. I have this pan and highly recommend using pam for baking so these babies pop right out - trust me, you don't want to be scraping out a mini muffin pan.


, , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment