Thursday, February 4, 2016

Honey Sriracha Salmon

We have Salmon once or twice a month in our house. We've cooked it a few different ways, but typically end up with some type of herbed crusted salmon (like this) or salmon BLTs (recipe coming soon). This week we tried something completely new, and it was amazingly delicious.



This Honey Sriracha Salmon, comes from The Pickled Plum. First the salmon is lightly seasoned with salt & pepper and pre-baked for about 10 minutes. While the salmon is baking, you make the glaze, combining oil, garlic cloves, sriracha, soy sauce, honey and vinegar. Once it's been thickened and reduced, add in the sesame oil and seeds, then brush on top of the salmon. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, another 10 minutes. 

I searched the internet for different ideas of sides, but I wasn't finding anything that really spoke to me until I came across this recipe for cold sesame cucumber noodle salad from Ambitious Kitchen. I used my spiralizer to cut cucumber into noodles. I combined them with garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, water and sesame seeds. This website did also feature a Sriracha salmon, but it used different ingredients that I did not have, and I was partial to the recipe I had found first. 

Look at those noodles!



, , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment