On Modern Mondays we talk about our favorite products. This is one product I feel like I can't live without: a veggie spiralizer. There are a lot of veggie spiralizers out there. Mine is the Spiralizer Elite Spiral Slicer (affiliate link). It was well priced (currently $30) and has Amazon's coveted orange best seller tag. This baby does a great job slicing up veggies. We use it most often to make zucchini and squash noodles. Wait til you see all the recipes we made with them! It's coming.
I'm going to be totally honest, I purchased this almost exactly two years ago, and only used it once or twice until a few months ago. Now we use it at least weekly. I am always searching for new zoodle recipes to try, and it's the greatest way for me to get in some extra veggies! There are at least 24 vegetables and fruits you can spiralize (check it out!)
The Elite Spiral Slicer is easy to use. It has suction cups on the base to secure it before slicing. It comes with multiple blades and is made from easy to clean, sturdy, BPA free plastic. I mean look at how pretty these zoodles look?
Need some reasons to Spiralize?
- Low calorie, low fat, low carb replacement for pasta. Zoodles are paleo friendly and gluten free. They have a low glycemic index which helps to stabilize blood sugar.
- Let's face it, most people don't eat enough vegetables. This is an easy way to get in more vegetables, and a variety of them.
- Fiber - its good for you. It can help you feel more energized, and feel fuller longer.
- Hydration - veggies are loaded with water (although, we do try to pull some of that out for pasta).
- Sometimes overcooking or cooking at the wrong temperature can destroy some of the nutritional values of vegetables. Zoodles are raw, or minimally cooked maximizing their nutritional value.
- Saves cooking and prep time without requiring advanced knowledge.
- Reduce kitchen waste.