Thursday, March 24, 2016

BBQ Salmon on Kale salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette


Salmon is one of the many foods we keep in stock in our freezer. I've posted quite a few recipes, but this may be one of my favorites!! I adapted this BBQ Salmon on Kale Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette from With Salt & Wit. I used my frozen Kirkland salmon and a super 7 foods salad (also from Costco) for this recipe instead of a kale salad.



I think my favorite part of this recipe is that everything is delicious in its own right. First, I made the Chipotle Honey Vinegarette dressing. I have only made my own dressing once or twice. This dressing is definitely a keeper. I would buy it in the store. It uses EVOO, red wine, honey, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt & pepper. The directions say to combine on the salad and let sit to soften the kale. I am really not a fan of kale. I would never eat a kale salad, but I love the superfood salad at Costco, which has kale. The original recipe calls for kale, corn, black beans, red pepper, green onions, cilantro, BBQ sauce and tortilla chips. Since the super food salad is on the crunchy side, I just added the corn, black beans, and pepper.

If you weren't sold on the dressing, you will be on the spice rub. It taste and smells fantastic. I can't wait to try this on other meats! It combines brown sugar, paprika, onion & garlic powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. The recipe calls for pan frying the salmon, but I baked mine at 400 for 15 minutes in a covered dish.


It sounds like a complicated dish, but it really was quite easy. Whisk together the dressing. Mix together the salad and toss in the dressing. Cook the salmon. Throw the salmon on top of the salad with a little of your favorite BBQ sauce. We will definitely be making this again. Get the full recipe here.

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment