Thursday, April 28, 2016

Honey Siracha Zoodle Bowl


One of the first things most people seem to do when they start a diet is to cut carbs. This is inherently problematic for me - I LOVE pasta. I could eat pasta every day. It's a fairly regular part of our diet. Sure, you can buy whole wheat, protein packed, or even pasta made with veggies - but it's still not the greatest food choice. As far as Weight Watchers points go, it is most certainly a bad choice. I purchased a spiralizer over a year ago, but I've only recently started making zoodle bowls. If you haven't heard of them already - zoodles are noodles made out of zucchini. You can actually use a spiralizer to make a ton of veggies into noodles. I have lots of these recipes saved. My first few zoodle recipes weren't a hit and I really didn't get what all the fuss was about, but the bowls I've been making lately have been superb. The last veggie noodle bowl I posted was actually a cold cucumber salad, topped with honey siracha salmon.

What I've learned is that there is two tricks to zoodle bowls. First, I prefer to peel my veggies. You can totally make zuchinni noodles with the skin on, but I don't think it really hits the spot as far as a noodle replacement goes. Again, personal preference. The second trick is to drain your zoodles. Generously salt them, and place them in a strainer for a good 20 minutes. This will get a lot of the excess fluid out. You'll be shocked by how much water is left behind.




I've been looking recipes that allow us to branch out some. I'm usually willing to eat all sorts of food when I am out to eat, but rarely try to make anything even remotely exotic at home. This Honey Sriracha Chicken Zoodle Bowl from Almost Super Mom most definitely fit the bill.

I followed the recipe, but I cheated a bit: I used already cooked chicken... Using already cooked chicken, specifically Costco rotisserie chicken makes every recipe cook a tad bit faster. I cut out marinating, and cooking the chicken. I did cook it in the marinade sauce. I suppose it would have a more intense flavor, if I had marinated and cooked raw chicken, but it tasted delicious, and ease of cooking really matters in my world. Click here for the recipe and give this one a try.



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment